Monday, December 10, 2012

Thing 24 - I Thought There Were Only 23 of These

Overall, I've found this blog assignment to be useful. I''ll admit that I'm skeptical of some of the Things discussed previously, but I have found a few new resources I can use in the future as well as some new uses of old resources I use everyday. My two favorite Things in this blog were the entries in which I explored the variety of Google applications and YouTube. I enjoyed losing track of time viewing videos in YouTube while  performing "research" for my entry. Still I feel that a couple of the Things could be replaced by other Things that are more relevant to education in the classroom. For example, I'm unconvinced that I'll ever have a use for Facebook or Twitter even in a modern classroom. The 23 Things would probably be improved if that one was replaced with a Thing more relevant towards today's education.

I'm uncertain as to where this blog will go from here. Perhaps I'll dust it off from time to time whenever I have something relevant to add. Or perhaps this will be the last entry I'll ever write for it. Maybe I'll accidentally stumble across it twenty years later and reflect on how far I've grown as an educator since I wrote these entries. Only time will tell I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment