Monday, December 3, 2012

Thing 20 - YouTube

I can't remember the last day I didn't visit YouTube at least once. I visit the website for a variety of reasons, but the most common ones are to enjoy my favorite sports clips, listen to music, or to look for video game guides. You know, real professional stuff. In fact I became sidetracked and spent the next ten minutes watching big football hits. It may prove to be difficult to complete this assignment for that reason alone.

There's not a lot I can say I don't like about YouTube. I suppose I could complain that I spent twenty minutes watching Ohio State's comeback against Purdue this season, but if I complained about that then I wouldn't exactly be truthful about the situation. In a more professional sense, YouTube could have a place in an educational setting if it is allowed in schools. Users can create playlists which can group appropriate and related videos together in one easy to access spot. Unfortunately my "misuse" of YouTube while trying to complete this assignment is probably reason enough that many schools have the site blocked. It's way too easy to find yourself distracted and let half an hour pass by with nothing accomplished.


The video I chose is one of my favorite videos to watch. It's impossible to NOT get goosebumps after watching this. Unless of course you were rooting for the Soviet Union. USA! USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment