Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Thing 11 - Finding Good Feeds

I found that the Google Blog Search was the easiest for me to use. The largest reason for that is most likely due to the fact that the blog search works similarly to the Google search engine so it was very familiar. While searching on Google Blog Search I found the dy/dan blog - a blog mostly on math education. I browsed around the blog for a few minutes and then found this post on expected value that piqued my interest. I enjoyed the post due to the applications that could be used in an introductory statistics class, and it is something that I will keep in mind if I am given the opportunity to teach a statistics class in high school.

The Edublog awards site was interesting to look through for a few minutes. I was able to find one math teacher blog while browsing through the best teacher blog nominees called f(t). One post that I found interesting had little to do with education, but rather predicting Facebook's growth rate with regression analysis.

My Technocrati search brought up a lot of similar blogs that I had found while searching Google, but I did find this neat blog that explained a number of math concepts. This could potentially be a helpful resource later in the classroom and for some of the projects we will work on in our EDUC 5540 class. I didn't find much of anything of interest with Topix so I suppose that was the hardest to use by default.

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't able to find much of value on Topix either. I guess I just don't like constant news feeds but it seemed to be convoluted and hard to navigate.

    ReplyDelete